UP Baguio Library Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- [UPDATED] Guidelines and Assistance to Faculty and Students in the Access of Library Resources (26 January 2023)
- Library Standard Protocol in the New Normal
1. Guidelines and Assistance to Faculty and Students in the Access of Library Resources
The library implements face-to-face service beginning the 2nd Semester of A.Y. 2022-2023. Simultaneously, online services are available to accommodate online request. Specific online forms are available through the library online platforms (website, facebook page) to ensure continuous online service. The following is the guide on available library services and the flow of processing requests.
For full viewing, click here.
Online Service for Remote Learning
Online Library Resources
» UP Subscribed Databases
» Open Access Databases
Ask A Librarian
» Facebook Page
» Chat with ISKA
»Read General Library Guidelines in full PDF view.
»Read Learner’s Library Starter Kit in full PDF view.
2. Library Standard Protocol in the New Normal
The library is now open for face-to-face service beginning 2nd Semester, A.Y. 2022-2023. Library users (students, faculty, staff) without validated UP Identification Card who wish to visit the library to do research are required to set an appointment by accomplishing an online appointment form. UP ID shall be presented at the information desk upon entry. Outside researchers are allowed to use the library by appointment subject to existing policy for external researchers.
The following standard health protocols must be observed:
- Everyone is obliged to use a face mask and must observe safe physical distancing in all areas.
- A thermal scanner with disinfectant is installed at the library entrance to monitor temperature not exceeding 37.5 degrees.
- An online registration system is available at the entrance for students and faculty to register by scanning their UP ID through a barcode scanner.
- Returned books will pass through the disinfection machine before re-circulation.
- Computers and other library equipment are disinfected every after use.
- Everyone is required to bring and use their own writing implements when transacting.
- Regular disinfection for the whole library is conducted everyday from 7:30AM – 8:00AM.
- Resumption of overdue fines took effect last 1st Semester, A.Y. 2022-2023.
- No automatic renewal of books.
- Request for e-copy of selected pages or chapters from a copyrighted book (Resources-On-Demand) in the physical collections should not exceed 10% of the total pages – excluding preliminary pages.
- Use of materials requested through document scanning is subject to the provisions of the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines and the Intellectual Property Policy of the UP System.
- Requests made after office hours, work suspensions, and during holidays shall be served on the next working day.
- Read in full PDF view.